I love to travel and have been fortunate enough to get to visit many different states and provinces throughout my life. See below to see all the different places I have been to (also Quebec, but that was so quick that I don’t think it counts).
Outside of North America I have had a short trek into Baja Mexico and I have visited a few of the Caribbean islands on a cruise, but most of my travelling has happened in the USA and Canada. Road trips with my family were an almost yearly staple and when the places we wanted to visit got too far away we would fly and then drive for days on end seeing both the popular sites and the things off the beaten path.
Now that I am an adult I get to make my own decisions on where I want to travel and my list is endless. Here are the top spots that I would love to visit at some point in my life (and who knows when that will be)
- Scandinavia (and Iceland)There is something about Scandinavian countries that calls to me; the northern lights, the architecture, and of course IKEA. I would love to spend a few weeks exploring both the cities and wilderness of these northern countries.
- New Zealand/AustraliaI must admit part of my desire to see New Zealand comes from my love for the Lord of the Rings, but it does include so much more than that. There is so much to these two countries; mountains, beaches, deserts and I want to see them all.
- EnglandBoth the big cities and the rolling countryside is what draws to me to this country. I want to walk the streets of London, but also see the water and the places out of the way. While there I would love to make my way to Scotland, Wales, and Ireland as well.
- Santorini (or a different Greek island)I feel like my obsession with Greece started with the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (I mean, whose doesn’t?) The pictures of the stark white buildings contrasted against the blue ocean draw me to long for a trip to these islands.
- 50 in 50I managed to visit over 25 states by the time that I am going to be 25 so my goal is to get to all 50 of them by the time I hit 50. There are so many amazing sites to see on this continent and I want to be able to say that I have at least seen some of them. I love the sight of open road before me and changing scenery as the miles go on. Nigel and I love road trips and already have quite a few hours on the road behind us and I love the hours that we spend together exploring the world around us.
- The MaritimesWhile various road trips have taken me through much of Western and Central Canada there is still much of Canada I have left to see and one of the big areas is the Maritimes. My parents were able to visit last year and their stories and pictures make me even more excited to visit. There is so much history and beauty in this area of Canada and I can’t wait for the day that I get to see it all.
While there is not a spot on this wide world that I wouldn’t say no to visiting, these are the top of the list. I wish I had a trip in the current future (besides another drive across the country), but until that is booked I will just have to continue dreaming.