My workout routine has been… let’s say non-existent lately. Between a new home, new job, and getting into a new routine my exercise time has suffered. Earlier this year I was working out almost every single day, breaking a sweat and I was noticing changes in my body and feeling much stronger and better about myself.
I want to get back into exercising regularly and over the past few days I have started to try again and I can’t even describe how good it felt to move my body and be sweating again. So this blog post is both supposed to be inspiration for you as well as for me to let you know that I am committing myself to making exercising a priority again.
Here are some of my goals and steps that I am going to take to get my blood pumping:
- At least 2-3 times in the weekday and once on the weekend I have to get out of be earlier than I do normally (my first alarm goes off 30 minutes before I have to get out of bed) and work out for 30 minutes. This will not only help me get my workout in but give me a burst of energy first thing in the morning.
- Go on a walk on my lunch break. I have a hour lunch break for the first time in my life which is much longer than I need to eat. At least a few times a week I need to spend some time walking and moving, whether that is going up and down a few flights of stairs (I work on the 27th floor), going outside if it is nice out, or walking around the mall my building is connected to if it isn’t a nice day (I can even leave my wallet behind to make sure I don’t spend any money).
- Do a class at the community centre. There is a great community centre only a few minutes from my house that do lots of drop in classes for quite cheap. I want to try and go to a few a month, either in the evening after work or on a Saturday morning before starting the rest of my day.
- Do some stretching every morning and evening. I carry a lot of stress in my muscles, specifically in my shoulders and I always feel better if I have a good stretch, even one that is only 5 minutes. I want to spend a few minutes of every day stretching out those sore muscles. Not only will this give me a good stretch, but it will also help with my flexibility.
- Explore the outdoors. Now that is summer and my husband and I both have weekends off I want to spend more time outside hiking, walking, and exploring the beautiful place where I live. I love doing this as I get in a good workout without feeling like I am putting in a lot of effort.
So these are some of the ways I am going to get working out and exercising back in my life. What are some of your tips and tricks for exercising?