I love watching people go through their trash, specifically their makeup and skincare products. There is something so telling about seeing the products that people actually like enough to finish and whether or not they are going to repurchase them.
This products are everything that I have finished since the beginning of August when I decided to start tracking everything I use up. I will let you know if I like it and if I want to use it again.
- Live Clean Body Wash – I use this as bubble bath and liked it, not too many feelings either way
- Body Shop Grapefruit Body Wash – this is back from last years advent calendar and I finished it off by using it as bubble bath. It smells really good, but I wouldn’t buy it just for that
- Body Shop Pink Grapefruit and Early Harvest Raspberry Body Lotion – I love the Body Shop’s lotions and I really enjoyed both these two scents. I have a few of the new Christmas scents right now and I am very excited to use them
- Grease Lightning by Lush – This is my favourite serum and I always have a new one ready to go
- Camomile Makeup Remover by the Body Shop – This is another one from last year and while I liked it, I don’t think I am going to be repurchasing it
- Mask of Magnaminty by Lush – I like this face mask and keep going back to it, but I usually like trying a few different ones before going back to this one
- Ultrabland by Lush – This is my new favourite makeup remover and I am on to my second one. I love that this has replaced makeup wipes in my life
- Cooling Water by Milk – I used this as an eye cream and while I did like it I don’t know if it did much besides feel nice so I won’t be repurchasing it
- Charcoal Makeup Remover by Yes To – I did like this makeup remover and I will probably repurchase, I am currently using a coconut one by the same brand
- Tea Tree Toner by Lush – I have lost track of how many of these I have purchased over the years by it is my all time favourite toner
- Sensodyne Toothpaste – I have sensitive teeth so I really do enjoy this toothpaste. I still have a few tubes left (I bought a pack from Costco) and when I do I will decide whether I will switch to a cruelty free toothpaste or keep this as my one product
- Daddy-O shampoo by Lush – I do enjoy this purple shampoo but I am not sure if it is something I really need so I am not buying for now, but I am sure I will again in the future
- Brow Gel by Essence – This is my favourite brow gel because it is super cheap and works really well so I have bought quite a few of these and will continue to
- Brow Pencil by Essence – Along with the brow gel this is my favourite brow pencil so I have gone through a few of these
- Concealer by NYX – This is quite a nice concealer and it matches me well so I did purchase another of the same
- Powder by NYX – I enjoyed this powder, but nothing has matched my favourite of all time (which is not cruelty free) so I am trying out something new
- Primer by Becca – I did like this primer, but I am currently trying out the one from Lush so I will see how that one works for me
- Stilla Eyeliner – I did not like this eyeliner, it was very smudgy so no I will not be repurchasing it
- Kat von D Liquid Eyeliner – I do like this eyeliner but this is no longer a brand I want to support so I am trying out a NYX eyeliner that I am liking a lot
- Essence Mascara – I generally really like essence mascaras and while this one isn’t my favourite I will keep using them
So there you have it, most of the products I have used up in the past few months. There are some things that aren’t shown here as they are not in any packaging such as body scrubs and bath products. While most of these products can be recycled (and the lush pots can be brought back for a free face mask) it is also interesting to see all the trash I do produce. This is one of the reasons that I have stopped buying excess products and only buying something when I run out of something else.
What are some of your favourite products that you buy over and over again?
3 thoughts on “going through my trash – my makeup and skincare empties”
Thanks for sharing 🙂 I’m loving all the Lush empties!