Most people have written about their goals already as it is almost two weeks into 2019, but I wanted to hold off a bit. I really love the start of a new year and the new beginnings and changes that it brings, but I also wanted to experience the year a bit, take time to figure out my goals for the year, and then share it with the world.
It is nice coming into 2019 with a bit more stability that I did coming into 2018, no big cross country moves, both of us have jobs, and at this moment we are feeling relatively stable.
There are a few exciting things happening in 2019 however, including a vacation we are going on in 23 days and other plans that are starting to build, but overall I am very excited for what this year has in store.
My 2019 Goals
- Eat less meat – My husband and I have gone vegetarian for the month of January (see more in his blog post here) but in general my consumption of meat has gone down a lot and I would like to see it continue to be that way this year
- Stay active – Working out has been an up and down journey for me but I would like to get back into a routine this year and feel good about my body and my activity level
- Get 250 followers on my blog – Though this blog is just a hobby for me I have really loved seeing people follow, like, and comment on my blog and I would love to see that increase to 250 followers by the end of the year
- Do some blog collaborations – I would love to work with other people through my blog and grow relationships through this platform I am building
- Read 330 books – This number is higher than any year yet and I am a bit nervous to see how it will go, but I would love to reach that number. Check out my blog on my 2019 reading goals here to see some of the specific goals I will be trying to hit.
- Try a capsule wardrobe – I have done a few 10×10 challenges in the past year (and will be starting another one tomorrow) I would like to see if I can get down to a more true capsule wardrobe for part of the year
- Continue to minimize – Many of my friends and family laugh at me for how much of my life has been taken over by minimalism, but I would like to keep working to clean out the stuff that isn’t needed in my life.
Do you have any goals for 2019? What are they?