We are coming to the end of 2019, which is both the end of the year and the end of a decade. As I do every year I have been working on my photo book of the year (see more about this here) and that allows me to reflect on the year and all that happened in the past twelve months.
First I thought I would take a look at my goals for the year, which I laid on in this post here (and honestly have not looked at since). So lets see how I did!
- Eat less meat – This definitely happened throughout the year. It is up right now due to the holidays and the fact that we are trying to empty our freezer before we move next month, but Nigel and I are going Vegetarian again for the month of January and hope to continue my low meat journey.
- Stay active – While this wasn’t going too well at the beginning of the year, in September Nigel and I started going to the gym together and that has continued for the past four months. I have started going to yoga classes, and even have started the Couch to 5K program which is my first time running since high school.
- Get 250 followers on my blog – This was accomplished and I currently have 280 followers which I really love and have continued to love writing on this blog
- Do some blog collaborations – This did not happen at all
- Read 330 books – I changed this goal pretty early on to 300 and I should be able to hit it as I have 5 left to read and a few more days off
- Try a capsule wardrobe – This is did in the summer with my Project 333 and I really enjoyed it. I think I will do another 3 month challenge such as this in the Spring.
- Continue to minimize – While I haven’t been doing any major projects I have been continually donating and passing on items and with my move this upcoming month the donation bin has been filling up with items I don’t want to take with me
2019 overall has been a crazy year. I spent the entire year in one place for the first time since 2015 which was nice to feel a bit more settled and to get into routines (which was both good and bad).
I got to take my husband to Disney World for the first time and experience it through his eyes and it was some of the best weeks of my life. We also both worked a lot, and on pretty different schedules which meant I learned to make the most of the evenings we had together before we went to bed for another early wake up.
I started my first gardening experiment with our community garden plot and enjoyed lots of beans, cucumbers, radishes, lettuce, and spinach throughout the summer and I can’t wait to continue in 2020.
I spent lots of great time with friends and family, strengthening relationships and growing new ones at the same time.
The past month has really flown by however as multiple exciting things happened all at once with Nigel and I purchasing our first home (which is the move that I have been alluding to throughout this post) as well as making the start of a career move into what I have dreamed about doing for most of my life.
This year I spent almost 625 hours on public transit, listened to thousands of hours of podcasts, started getting into yoga and running, and did things that made me scared. I turned 25 this year, and felt both young and like an adult in different moment. I continued my minimalist and zero waste imperfect journey’s and learned a lot about everything. I discovered the enneagram which has helped me to understand both myself and my relationships with other.
It is weird thinking about this year almost being over, but I don’t know if I have ever been more excited for a new one to begin. 2020 is going to be a good one I believe.