Fall is my absolutely favourite season. I love the weather, dressing in boots and sweaters, roasting vegetables, all the pumpkins, and the crisp mornings. I really love making bucket lists at the beginning of the season as it helps me make goals for the next few months and hopefully gets me out doing things.
Now of course life is still different right now and I am not out and about doing everything the same that I would in the past, but there are still some outdoor activities that I feel safe doing and ways to make the season fun without being around lots of people.
Now here are the things that I would like to do this fall, let me know in the comments below the things on your fall bucket list.
- Pumpkins – This is my first year with a real front door and porch area and I would love to get a whole selection of fun pumpkins and gourds to decorate my front area. I love decorating with pumpkins since they can just be composted at the end of the season and I don’t have to store anything.
- Harvesting fall veggies – Our fall vegetable garden is looking great and I can’t wait to start harvesting butternut squash (very soon), brussels sprouts, and hopefully broccoli and peas. I am excited to continue my garden into the fall as last year we were very focused on summer.
- Park Adventure – I would love to take a nice fall day to go on an adventure to a local regional park and spend the day hiking and taking a picnic lunch. I love exploring and want to go somewhere new where it is easy to be alone.
- Annual Leaves photo – This one is in there just for my mom *hi mom*. For my entire life every year we take a photo in front of the house in a big pile of leaves. Even if nothing else happens, I know that this one will.
- Celebrate Nigel’s Birthday – Now this won’t be the big 30 bash that I may have hoped to throw for him this year, but I hope to find some way to make it special and include people in a safe and distanced way
- Bake something new – Now I don’t doubt that this will happen, but I am putting this on here to make sure that I do some great fall baking this season
What are your goals for this fall? How are you going to celebrate in ways that are safe and maybe even start new traditions?