Every December I get to look back and think about this blog as we come across its anniversary.
I have now been blogging on fivestarredlife for three years, back when I was still a student, living in a different province, and in many ways a different person than I am now.
You can take a look at my past years here:
This has certainly been an interesting year for blogging. When I lost my job earlier in the year blogging was something that stayed the same and was a great escape when I needed something familiar and safe to come back to. I got to go through a full series of decorating my house, do multiple wardrobe challenges, talk about so many books that I loved, and pour my heart out into these web pages.
Last year I made some goals. Let’s see how I did at them.
400 WordPress Followers
Yes! I managed to pass this by quite a lot as at this moment I have 540 followers which is amazing.
Actually Collaborate with other Bloggers
Once again this didn’t really happen, but I did really enjoy many people I began to follow and comment with this year.
Work on my social media presence
I didn’t do much on this, but I kept working on my Canva skills and enjoyed posting on my various social medias
Do more home decor blogs and blogs about sustainability/zero waste
I definitely did lots of home decor blog posts as I worked through my creating home series, but I don’t know if I did a ton about sustainability and zero waste though I probably did a few
To keep enjoying what I am doing
This is definitely true. Even in a year where everything else turned upside-down I really enjoyed writing and blogging.
Top Posts of the Year
- Yes, Planning is my Hobby (still the post most found through searching)
- A Letter to My Best Friend on Her Wedding Day (also very good with google)
- Creating Home – Master Bedroom
- Creating Home – Master Bathroom and Closet (I think these were the first two posts in the series so it doesn’t surprise me they were the highest as all the rest link to them)
- Enneagram – what it is, what i have learned, and how it has helped me
- Blog Posts: 77
- Followers: +260
- Visitors: 3,789
- Views: 6,238
- Likes: 910
- Comments: 139
- Total Words: 53,703
Goals for 2021
- Get to 750 followers on WordPress – Again I never know what to put for follower goals and never feel like I have to reach it, but it is fun to have a goal
- Try and build more of a community around blogging – Since I don’t know if collaborating is for me I would like to have more blogs that I comment on and that I follow closely.
- Write more about sustainability and low impact living – 2020 has been hard for this, but I would like to go back to writing more about this
- Write more about the blogging process – I think that I would like to share about how the way I blog has evolved and changed over the years and how I personally do it
- To keep enjoying what I am doing – I don’t do this to make money (I don’t), or gain some type of notoriety. It is also just a hobby for me to be able to share my thoughts and feelings and something that I enjoy so I know that if I ever stop enjoying this I have no problem stopping or slowing down.
Thank you so much for sharing this blog with me this year. For reading, for sharing, for commenting, and for liking.
Please let me know if there is anything specific you want to have me talk about in 2021!